Monday 23 January 2012

What I've learned so far - Part One

This ongoing list is something I started about 8 years ago.  I'm up to about 70 items and always figured I'd publis when I got to 100.  But what the heck!  I'll blog it now lol

I've learned most, but not all of these lessons through experience - some through observation.  Let me be clear - just because I've learned that these things are true does not mean I have learned to successfully manage my life according to the guidelines.  It's fun, and often helpful to me though, to look over this list and reflect on how I learned these truths - and how I can better apply them to improve my coping with the world in some way :)

I will share my list in chinks periodically.  As food for thought - amusement - fuel to controversy!??  Hopefully it will generate some interest, some discussion, some reflection, or just a few giggles.  I guess it depends on the content of the chunk ;)

For the record - I will not qualify these points with stories.  Let your imagination amuse you :)

SO...here we go
1) In relationships:  Never be the "other" - never tolerate "another"
2) Peoples true colours always show in the end - be patient and allow this to happen by itself 
3) Be your own best friend.  After that the others are bonus (but what a bonus they are!)
4) Most of the things we stress over are not to be controlled.  So the stress is pointless.
5) The biggest regrets in life are usually the risks we didn't take.
6) When it comes to the people we love, there's no guarantee of a "next time" - so say it now!
7) Service to others is a beautiful experience and should be part of life.  But don't lose yourself in it, it's not fair to you or the ones you serve.
8) No matter who you are you can always give more, speak less and learn from others
9) Never underestimate your own ability to adapt
10) Whether it feels like it or not in the moment or not, we choose our emotions.  choose wisely :)

More to come
G'Night

No comments:

Post a Comment