Sunday 15 January 2012

Thoughtful notes

We were rearranging the house this weekend and I came across some old notebooks.  One in particular caught my attention - it's the notebook I used while attending an Ethics conference through work.  It was a really unique and wonderful experience and there was a lot of discussion about Mercy.  I remember being inspired by many of the speakers that weekend.  My notes are kind of scattered and incoherent but when tied together I find them provoking.  I thought I'd share some of them because I think it's a beautiful topic - Mercy - and a word often forgotten in our society.  I hope some of these notes touch and inspire you the way they did me. 

'It's less painful to exclude yourself than to be asked to leave'
Mercy is the social power that "welcomes back". 

Mercy isn't about giving a person what they want.  It's about being fair and honest in your response to them, in respecting them as equal and recognising their value and unique experience. 

Mercy is possible where ever people are in contact with other people

Mercy is when we stop fixing and engage the individual in finding happiness through being at peace with who they are.

Mutual regard is the essence of human life'

Healing comes when we stop looking externally and begin to look within.



Words to ponder.

G'Night

No comments:

Post a Comment