Saturday 28 January 2012

Life is beautiful

There have been more than a few moments in my life when I have looked at or felt something very simple and been completely overwhlemed by the beauty. There are few in particular that stand out.  A few that - took me over so completely that I, for a moment wondered if it was even real - if any of this life was real or was it a sublime dream?
I remember standing at the top of Blackholm Glacier watching the Sunrise
I remember snowboarding in powder for the first time and feeling like I was flying through clouds
I remember standing in the yard of our tiny little house in the woods - breathing as deeply as I could because the lilacs were blooming and the breeze was so perfect.
I remember planting tiny little Sunflower seeds and watching massive, beautiful flowers grow to become 10 feet tall in my yard!
I remember holding my child on my chest for the first time - patty his tiny little bum and playing with his fingers and toes.
The other day, Trystan put his hand on  my face in the most loving, thoughtful way.  He just looked quietly for a moment, then burried his head in my neck "AH, I wuv you Mommy".
Today, Loukah lay his little head on my shoulder, wrapped his hand around my finger, and quiety rested there until he drifted off to sleep.

It is REAL - this sublime dream.  Life - is a beauitful, sublime dream. 

1 comment: