Monday 26 December 2011

Rewriting old scripts

I have never subscribed to the advice "If you want something done right do it yourself".  I'll admit there have been a few moments of serious crankiness where I mumbled it under my breath!  But I've never believed it.  However, tonight -  I spent some time re-arranging our basement.  This is something I've spoken about and asked for help with a number of times over the past months.  It just never made it onto the priority list and I kept waiting and waiting for Eric to do it.  Now winter is here and I'm alone 7 of 14 days.  I needed the back door cleared and set up so that I could move in and out of the house without either dropping - losing or freaking out at one of my children! SO....I did it myself.  As I was working away (happily), all I kept thinking was...."why didn't I do this myself months ago!?"  I've decided that the real advice should be...  "If you want something done....DO it"!  Don't get me wrong I'm in support of asking for help, but seriously...were my arms broken?? lol  This was important for ME in a way that I could only possibly impress upon single parents.  Why should I expect Eric to understand when he doesn't have to deal with the same issues?  Why should he have to try to anticipate what I want when I'm fully capable of making the needed changes myself!?   I felt good about my little project this evening - and it's set up just the way I want it.  SO....I say again - for all the world...
If you want something done....do it!!!

G'Night

And Merry Christmas by the way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment