Thursday 22 December 2011

Fat pants and "I don't care" days

I remember these expressions from high school.  My girl firends and I would laugh and say - "I had to wear my fat pants today"  or "I'm having an I don't care day".  These were the little phrases we used to tell each other and ourselves that we weren't having the greatest day but we were trying to keep a sense of humour about it.  It worked pretty well!  I don't know why I let myself forget those phrases.  But two babies, a cheese loving french husband and a week of Christmas treats have brought them to the forefront of my mind today.  I think I'll reintroduce both to my vocabulary again!

It seems that most of us spend a lot of time stressing over the minute imperfections we see in the mirror - or photos of ourselves.  I've noticed a funny phenomenon over the past few years.  Old pictures that I clearly remember looking at and saying "God I look fat" I now look at and say "Hmmm not so bad"   - pictures from yesterday "God I look fat"  but 2 years from now I know I'll say "not so bad".  It's hilarious!  Why not take a breath today and say...."what the heck....not so bad"!?  This isn't something I claim to be able to do.  But it sure would be worth a try.  I'm going to spend some energy on it.  In the mean time I'll pull out my fat pants and schedule in a couple of I don't care days  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kate - found your blog! Nicely done!

    My friends and I have coined a new term for fat pants - "Room Wear". It feels much more chique to wear an elastic band pant now!!!

    ReplyDelete