Friday 3 February 2012

Human beings are awesome

It's a quick little one tonight.
We were in Ottawa yesterday and decided to spend some time at the mall.  This is a big deal for us because we love being among all the people and letting Trystan and Loukah see that the world is colourful in every sense of the word.
We stopped in the food court for a snack and while eating heard a woman say "May I join you?" I turned to see a middle aged Asian woman speaking with and older (maybe European) woman who was sitting alone.  Cool!  When is the last time any of us did that?  Asked a stranger to share a table.  The two sat down together - no idea we were eaves dropping on their conversation.  They launched into a delightful banter that ended with the older lady teaching the younger all about her new Apple I pad!  Beautiful.  I looked at Eric who had the same look on his face as I did.  "Human being are awesome" he said.  And off we went about our day.  I think I'll make a point of sitting down to lunch with a stranger sometime soon. 
G'Night

No comments:

Post a Comment